- Submit your artwork here by July 1, 2022, for the 2022 juried art show at Ariodante Gallery in the New Orleans Arts District Sept. 1-30, 2022.
- View the 2021 Joan of Art winning entries
- View the 2020 Joan of Art winning entries and hear the artists’ panel discussion at the 2020 Salon
The Krewe de Jeanne d’Arc of New Orleans is pleased to announce the third annual juried Joan of Art contest with an exhibit hosted by Ariodante Contemporary Art & Craft Gallery.
The Krewe invites artists of all ages and skill levels to submit up to three pieces in any medium portraying Joan of Arc. A panel of local artists and culture bearers will review and select pieces for display and sale at Ariodante on Julia Street in New Orleans. Judges selections in the juried exhibit may also be featured in 2023 krewe memorabilia, throws, promotions, and events. Digital images of the pieces may be submitted through the Krewe website and there is no fee to submit. Submissions are due by July 1, 2022. The exhibit will open as part of the “First Saturday” Arts District event on September 2022, and remain on display through the month. Artists will need to provide their works to the gallery for display.
“This is an opportunity for artists get to know the Krewe de Jeanne d’Arc and for the krewe to continue to broaden our army of artists,” says Krewe de Jeanne d’Arc founder Amy Kirk Duvoisin. “Many local and national artists already create art inspired by and focusing on Joan. We also encourage them, and artists who have never portrayed Joan, to research her and share their own interpretations of her.”
The purpose of the Joan of Arc Project aka Krewe de Jeanne d’Arc is to honor and celebrate Joan of Arc’s life in unique, artistic, and educational ways, including the production of the annual Joan of Arc parade and Salon de Jeanne d’Arc. We seek to keep Joan’s story and spirit alive by hosting events, workshops, and presentations that illuminate Joan’s heroism and timelessness, while connecting her to the French heritage and pride of New Orleans. As the “Maid of Orleans” inspires citizens of New Orleans and people around the world, we welcome people of all faiths and backgrounds to join in our joyous, New Orleans-style revelry.
For media inquiries contact: Co-Captain Antoinette de Alteriis firstname.lastname@example.org or 504.717.1451
For contest details or further information contact: Amy Kirk Duvoisin, Joan of Art Coordinator, at email@example.com
Details for submission
Artwork at Ariodante must be made available for sale for a 50/50 split with the artist.
Artwork can be in any of the following genres: painting, drawing, multimedia, sculpture, or photography. All media and genres will be accepted for review. If selected, artwork must be made available for gallery display by September 1, 2022. Artists will be contacted by the krewe for permissions for other uses. The granting of requested usage is entirely up to the artists’ discretion and will not influence judging or placement.
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2022
- Artwork submissions are limited to three submissions per artist. Please name each artwork file with your first and last name as follows: first_last_JOA2022.
- Submissions may be as small as 4 x 6” artwork and as large but no larger than 6 foot canvasses. If you have concerns about size, style, or genre please contact Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- File Type: JPEG or JPG only.
- File Size: Under 5 MB.
- Color Profile: sRGB
- Artist Submissions Open: April 1, 2022
- Artwork Deadline: July 1, 2022
- Jury Selection: July 11, 2022
- Public Announcement of Selections: July 19, 2022
- Art Gallery Display (if selected for Ariodante Gallery display and sale): September 1, 2022-September 30, 2022
- Artist Reception: Ariodante Gallery, September 3, 2022
- Artwork Takedown: October 1, 2022 at Ariodante Gallery
Questions? Contact Amy Kirk Duvoisin, Joan of Art Coordinator, at email@example.com.
If selected, artists will be put in direct contact with gallery directors at Ariodante Contempory Art & Craft Gallery regarding display requirements.