The 2023 Joan of Art juried exhibition is on display September 2-28 at Ariodante Gallery in the New Orleans Arts District.
Our fourth annual juried Joan of Art exhibition in partnership with Ariodante Gallery and part of our ongoing commitment to continue to build our “army of artists”, one of the longtime favorite monikers of the Krewe de Jeanne d’Arc.
Judges Top Choices:
- Judges’ Choice First Place: “Joan of Arc: Ashes to Ashes” by Carol Lynch of Metairie, Louisiana
- Judges’ Choice Second Place: “The Eyes of Joan” by Kathleen McCord of Encinitas, California
- Judges’ Choice Third Place: “Fire and Strength” by Claudia Lynch of New Orleans, Louisiana
- Audience Choice Award: “Homage to Joan 2023” by Karen Miller of New Orleans, Louisiana
- “Joan of House Gucci” by Jeanne Parker Martin of Mandeville, Louisiana
- “Joan So Bright” by Laura Darling Dinapolis of Covington, Louisiana
- “Joan on a Shell” by Marcella Carlin of Lacombe, Louisiana
- “Joan of Hearts” by Marcella Carlin of Lacombe, Louisiana
- “Joan Sweeping the Floor” by Marcella Carlin of Lacombe, Louisiana
- “Glory to Joan of Arc” by Carol Lynch of Metairie, Louisiana
- “Joan of Arc on Decatur Street” by Jane Brewster of Metairie, Louisiana
- “Out of the Ashes” by Kay Richoux of Lafayette, Louisiana
- “The Call” by Jennifer Ramos of Arabi, Louisiana
About the Joan of Art Juried Art Exhibition
The Joan of Arc Project, the organization that creates and produces the annual Joan of Arc Parade and Salon de Jeanne d’Arc, is again partnering with Ariodante Contemporary Art & Craft Gallery on Julia Street to celebrate and showcase local artists’ work depicting Joan of Arc. This is the third year of the annual contest.
Three local judges selected the contest winners, and a selection of additional artworks submitted were invited to become part of the Joan of Art Show, curated by Ariodante owner Laurie Reed. All the selected artworks will be displayed together in the main gallery of Ariodante Contemporary Art & Craft Gallery at 535 Julia Street, New Orleans, from September 2-28, 2023.
“This contest gives us an opportunity to meet new artists and to collaborate with a unique arts organization, The Joan of Arc Project. It is a win/win for all of us to build an annual show around this theme. The show continues to grow each year, and some of the artists who participate in this show end up selling other pieces at Ariodante year-round,” said Reed.
Previous Joan of Art Selections
- View the 2022 Joan of Art winners
- View the 2021 Joan of Art winners
- View the 2020 Joan of Art winners
- Hear some of the 2020 artists speaking in a panel discussion at the 2020 Salon.